Stress is considered a “silent killer” – but don’t let that stress you out more! It’s essential for all women entrepreneurs to keep their anxiety under control. Pushing yourself too hard can have disastrous consequences on your health. Three years ago, Lioness’s Co-Founder, Natasha Zena, was sent to the ER over high blood pressure from stress.
Managing your stress level is hard for any entrepreneur, but everyone seems to have different needs and strategies. Meditating might help, but how do you squeeze in the time between Zoom calls? How do you stay on top of your business and keep yourself sane?
It’s possible when you find the best technique for you. We have a roundup of the best resources across Lioness to help you breathe out and conquer your stress.
General tips for stress
Need a good place to start? Check out these articles for general discussions and tips.
Gather inspiration from fellow entrepreneurs
When your work becomes overwhelming, learning about other women entrepreneurs might provide the motivation you need.
- Women Play Ball, Fight Bullying and Make History
- 3 Inspirational Tips To Help You Go From Unfulfilled To Focused And Inspired
- Women In History Who Had An Amazing Public Relations Game
- How The 10 Most Influential Women In Business Started Their Careers
- Overcome Entrepreneurial Challenges: Dr. Venus Opal Reese On Eating Out Of Trash Cans To Being A Self-Made Millionaire
Lower stress through exercise
Even a brisk walk can help you feel more relaxed. We have resources on how to fit activity into your hectic life.
- Fitness: The Entrepreneur’s Secret Strategy for Success
- Being Fit Is Good For Business
- How To Tone Your Body While At The Office
- How To Get On An Exercise Routine With Your Busy Schedule
- Successful Entrepreneurs Exercise Good Health Habits
Build healthy habits for self-care
It’s easy to brush off your physical and emotional needs in favor of getting just one more task done. Ignoring these basics, though, can quickly build up your stress.
- If You Can Start Your Own Business, You Can Do Anything Right? Like Managing Your Health
- Are You Setting Yourself Up For Sleep?
- Why Self-Care Is An Important Part Of Any Business Strategy
- Take A Break: Make Time For A Sabbatical
- Are You Practicing Mindful Eating?
- Being at the Top of Your Game Also Means Being Healthy
Manage your finances
Money is a major stressor for anyone running a business. The best way to overcome that stress is to get comfortable with your budget and spending.
- Getting Out Of Debt Joyfully
- Badass Business Budgeting – An Interview With Ary Michele
- How To Reshape Your Money Habits To Create Wealth
- 10 Tips To Make Sure Your Financial Budget Will Succeed
- Money Mission: Become A Money Magnet
Practice self-reflection and mindfulness
Taking a few moments a day to think about your goals and gratitude can boost your happiness and make you feel more relaxed.
- How Self-Reflection Can Make You Happier and More Successful
- 33 Things To Be Thankful For As An Entrepreneur
Strive for confidence and happiness
No matter how successful you are, women are especially prone to self-doubt and imposter syndrome. Stop worrying and trust in your capabilities.
- 5 Ways To Build Your Self-Esteem And Change Your Life
- Blow Away Low Self-Esteem
- 10 Happiness Strategies to Flourish in Business and Life
- You’ve Already Made It. Stop Faking It.
- How To Take Yourself From Passive To Powerful
- Top 5 Ways To Overcome Entrepreneur Imposter Syndrome
Create healthy work habits
Even if you don’t realize it, something about your work life may be piling onto your stress. Set boundaries, take breaks and read these tips on to ensure your business doesn’t overwhelm you.
- 4 Powerful Tools To Prevent Over-Commitment And Overwhelm
- Time Off From Work to Play is Totally Cool
- Saying No: Managing Your Time In A Hyperconnected World
- 5 Ways To Separate Work Life From Home Life
- Deuces: Knowing When To Walk Away From The Bullshit
- How To Deal With Life Interrupting Work
- Can We Really Do It All?
- Ask An Entrepreneur: How To Make More Money By Working Less
Balance your work and family life
If you’re a working mom, the stress can feel insurmountable. We have some tips on how to raise a family and build your business.
- 4 Tips For CEO Moms Juggling Managing Companies And Children At Home
- 5 Tips For The CEO And Mom
- 9 Things Every Budding Single-Mom Entrepreneur Needs To Succeed
Hear about other entrepreneurs who experienced stress
Sometimes, learning that you’re not struggling alone is enough to push you through the tough times.
- In Her Own Words: Allison Maslan On How She Woke Up To Her Success
- Building An Empire While Avoiding Burnout: Three Secrets for Female Entrepreneurs
- In Her Own Words: Tears And Cheese Cake Weren’t Working, But Neither Was Anything Else
- Successful Female Entrepreneurs: My Failure Turned Out To Be A Blessing In Disguise
- In Her Own Words: I Sacrificed Health And Personal Relationships As The Price Of Progress
Just for fun
Want to take a quick breather? Scroll through some casual articles on entertainment and fashion.
- 10 Movies About Women Entrepreneurs You Can Stream Now
- Remote Work Dress Codes: Casual Monday through Friday
- Women Entrepreneurs Recommend the Best Business Books
- 15 Movies And Shows To Stream With Badass Female Leads
- Client Gifts: 10 Under $25
- 10 Motivational Songs For When You’re Having A Shitty Day
- Here’s What Successful Leaders Keep On Their Desks
- Our 2020 Gift Guide for the Female Entrepreneur
- 7 Chic Looks For Work & Play
- 10 Songs To Kick Your Butt Into Gear