Did you miss a day or two of startup news this week? Did you forget some tips you wanted to implement at your startup? It happens. You’re out there trying to rule the world for crying out loud. Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. Here’s a mashup of all of the Startup News & Advice you should know weekly round up style:
Things To Add To Your To-Do List
1. As women continue to launch businesses at historic rates, Lioness is sharing 10 resources for women entrepreneurs to add to their arsenal for the new year.
2. Videos works! We know that, but too many businesses just don’t use it. Why aren’t you doing it? Here’s why and how to use video for your business.
3. When you hate selling, how can you get over it and prosper when you stink at it? Kathy Caprino takes us inside how to ease into the sales process.
4. Often the people we dismiss in an organization are the glue that holds it together. Learning to network from top to bottom will further your career.
Things To Meditate On
1. So what does it take to be a successful woman in a male-dominated field? Jamie Wright takes you through the leadership traits you’ll need in your toolkit.
What Your Peers Were Doing This Week
1. “The Third Act,” a new show about two friends dealing with the absurdities of suburbia while redefining the mid-life years, promises to be a YouTube hit.
2. What goes in to launching a national direct to consumer company? Today we talk with Terri S. Alpert, CEO and founder of Uno Alla Volta.
3. Ms. Arizona 2016 Susie Merwin launches Blink Mattress, a full-service mattress retailer specializing in custom made to order mattresses.
Last But Not Least (some empowerment)
If you have the same nagging feeling in your gut, it’s time to stop ignoring it.