To Freebie Or Not To Freebie? That Is The Question.
Posted on January 20, 2016 by Natasha Zena
If You Need To Give Out Samples Or Free Work To Start, Think About This …
Think of freebies as marketing. You wouldn’t just waste advertising dollars, so don’t waste product or services. Sometimes we need to do a few giveaways to test our product or gain experience. Don’t just pick random people. Use the following guidelines.
How To Decide Whether To Freebie Or Not To Freebie.
- Pick someone who has some influence – both online and offline. You want some publicity off of a freebie. Ask them to hit their social media to talk about the product.
- Get some photos of them with the product or with you.
- Always get a testimonial.
Make It A Media Opportunity.
If you selected a handful of local or national well-known individuals to test your product, create some media buzz. How:
- Invite everyone to your office, a cool space or live stream a kick-off (depending on your product or service) to sample or test the product. Invite the media to participate. Take your own photos for social media and future marketing efforts.
- Shoot a two-minute video that features the product or service and your freebie ambassadors.
- Create a contest that incorporates the freebies and pushes engagement from the public.
- Write a press release, including quotes from your freebie ambassadors and get it in the hands of reporters always looking to write about fresh, innovative happenings.
What are some strategies you would add? How do you decide when to give and when to decline? Share your experience with us and your startup sisters in the comment section below.
- Is Alice The New Siri For Entrepreneurs? - February 7, 2018
- Product Review: Keisha Jeremie Puts A Delicious, High-End Spin On Applesauce With, sanaia - January 31, 2018
- Apply Now: Early-Stage Life Sciences Competition For Women, MassNextGen, Is Taking Applications - January 12, 2018
- Rants & Raves: What We Can Learn From Cardi B, Hollywood’s Latest Scandals & Business Owners Like Dave Ratner Who Get Thrown Under The Bus So Easily - October 18, 2017
- Rants & Raves: Women Entrepreneurial Activity Up 10 Percent, Alec Baldwin Dives Into Creepsterville & Lupita Brings Wakanda To Life - September 8, 2017
- Rants & Raves: Pretending To Be Men To Open Doors, Female ‘Lord Of The Flies’ Reboot & Keeping Real Journalism Around - September 1, 2017
- Springfield Mayor Implementing Social Media Policy To City Employees After Police Officer Accused Of Mocking Charlottesville Violence - August 18, 2017
- We Talk Common Mistakes Entrepreneurs Make When It Comes To Protecting Their Businesses With Hillary Arlene Jones - July 31, 2017
- Cofounder of Ready Set Productions Says Women Should Worry Less About The Little Things And More About Quality - June 9, 2017
- Latanya Tibbs Set To Debut On Steve Harvey’s New Show, ‘FUNDERDOME’ - June 9, 2017