We’re setting the tone for a vibrant 2024 with the latest edition of Lioness Networking! Our regular networking event for female entrepreneurs brings a community of founders together to make connections and share their business strategies. With the start of the new year, we asked attendees to share one lesson they learned in 2023 to help the rest of the group.
Here’s a sample of business lessons:
- Condense your workload and focus on what you truly love.
- Increase your prices – charge what you’re worth!
- Schedule regular mini sabbaticals for well-needed breaks.
- Business plans are often “written in pencil,” so stay flexible.
- Success can be scarier than failure.
- Say ‘no’ earlier to avoid missed expectations.
- Look for strategic partnerships and projects, like offering a free project to large organizations.
- Ask for what you want upfront.
- Remove digital clutter with mass-unsubscribing email tools.
Make sure to watch the full recording for all kinds of helpful insights.
Here are a few more questions that sparked awesome discussions:
- What are your top goals for your business in 2024?
- What support or resources do you need to achieve your goals?
- What steps will you take to achieve your goal? What is your first step?
- How do you plan to overcome challenges this year?
Think over these questions, and be sure to join us for more networking opportunities with female entrepreneurs in March!
Our next community event: Negotiation Skills for Powerful Outcomes
Negotiation is one of those skills that we aren’t usually taught, relying on winging it or intuition. However, research shows that when we prepare for negotiations, we can improve our results. As entrepreneurs, business owners, leaders, and employees, we have an opportunity to become more savvy, strategic, and confident negotiators for better outcomes. In this session, Heather will share some of the research, key elements to consider in negotiation, and effective planning approaches. She will use stories and examples and will close with some tips for elevating your negotiation game.
In this presentation, you will learn:
- Obstacles and challenges to effective negotiation
- The power of negotiation planning and preparation
- Four critical components to prepare for negotiation success
- Best practices for enhancing your negotiating game.
Celebrate IWD with Lioness Networking
We’re looking forward to our next round of Lioness Networking in March – it’s a special celebration for International Women’s Day! Be part of the chat, share your stories and keep the momentum going. Through a series of engaging breakout rooms and guided discussions, we’re here to provide valuable support and resources for female entrepreneurs. Ready for more inspiration, meaningful connections and practical strategies? Sign up below!