Lean The F*ck Out – Episode 36, Learning How To Say F*ck No To Keep From Being Used
Posted on October 3, 2017 by Lean The F*ck Out
This week we had the opportunity to talk with Brianne Huntsman about Practice Saying, “F*ck No”! Brianne’s philosophy on how to say F*ck No! Is a recipe to stop people from using your time, energy and resources.
- It’s okay to be more than one thing. Slashes are okay.
- “I’m designing the life I want.”
- Four ways to say f*ck no:
- Start charging for brainspace. No more “Can I pick your brain?”
- Practice saying no without an apology.
- Define your own boundaries.
- Set how much time a week you can give away.
- Use the “this is not a negotiation” mentality with your time.
- Invent an assistant name “Josh” to negotiate rates if you feel uncomfortable.
Brianne is the CEO and founder of The Huntswoman, a creative agency. Like a lot of millennials, her headline on LinkedIn has a lot of slashes, working as a Coach/Consultant/Product Designer. She’s also currently working on her first fashion collection.
Follow Brianne at:
The_Huntswoman on Instagram and Twitter
- Lean The F*ck Out: Episode 52 — Ginger Johnson Talks Connectivity As The Fuel For Networking - February 12, 2018
- Lean The F*ck Out, Episode 50 — Ladies Get Paid, An Interview With Claire Wasserman - January 19, 2018
- Lean The F*ck Out, Episode 50 — Everest and Company Founder Ashley Wilson Talks Launching An E-commerce Business - December 22, 2017
- Lean The F*ck Out, Episode 49 — Kae Whitaker Dishes On Digital Media For Small Businesses - December 11, 2017
- Lean The F*ck Out, Episode 48 — Hip Shake Fitness Founder Charlene Dipaola Talks Running An Online Fitness Business - December 5, 2017
- Lean The F*ck Out, Episode 47 — Launching A Women’s Health Tech Startup With VaGenie Founder Julia Rose - November 28, 2017
- Lean The F*ck Out, Episode 46 — Growing A Brewery, An Interview With Nicole Carrier, Cofounder Of Throwback Brewery - November 21, 2017
- Lean The F*ck Out, Episode 45 — Enhancing Your Inner Fempreneur, An interview With Co-host Tera Wozniak Qualls - November 13, 2017
- Lean The F*ck Out, Episode 44 — Making Awesome Happen, An Interview With Co-Host Gretchen DeVault - November 11, 2017
- Lean The F*ck Out, Episode 37 — Starting A Nonprofit Clothing Line For People Impacted By Sexual Assault — An Interview With Founder Maegan Carberry - October 16, 2017