Name: Claudia Gutierrez
City/State/Country: Houston, TX
Company Name: ClaudiaG Collection
Title: Founder & President
1) How long have you been in business?
I started making my own jewelry and selling it at a very young age. I officially launched the ClaudiaG Collection in 2012 selling to women nationwide in small tradeshows and boutiques.
In 2014, I attended a conference about direct sales, which inspired me to embrace this business model as the way to enable other women to take control of their own careers. At that point, I decided to establish ClaudiaG as a direct selling company and we have been growing strong ever since.
2) Why have you chosen to dedicate yourself to this particular business/industry?
I always had a passion for jewelry and handbags and from a very young age I knew I had to incorporate it somehow into my career. We are the only business in the direct sales industry offering a full and complete line of genuine leather Jacket, all exquisitely designed in exclusive limited editions and complemented with gorgeous accessories and jewelry. More importantly, as a wife and mother, I know firsthand the challenges of juggling a career, family and personal life. So I designed ClaudiaG’s social selling model to empower other women across the country by providing opportunities for personal growth and financial independence through their own independent consultant businesses. This is so important to me and at the root of why I do what I do.
3) What makes your business/product unique?
The beautiful business aspect of the ClaudiaG opportunity is the flexibility it provides women. More than ever, women are finding they can have the best of both worlds: a rewarding career and income while still being able to put their personal needs or family priorities first. Many of our consultants already stay home with children, are full-time students, are retired or have other full-time jobs and are looking for a side-gig. An opportunity like ours provides the flexibility to work when and how often they want without having to sacrifice the important things in life.
4) You could have worked for anyone and would have been successful, why become an entrepreneur?
I was brought up in a family of entrepreneurs. I remember listening to my parents’ conversations and they were always evaluating a new venture. Both my mom and dad started their own businesses when I was growing up so that’s what I learned early on. The only question was the product or service my company would provide. It took some soul searching to find out what my true passions were but once I did I was determined to make it happen no matter what. Today I enjoy working in fashion, combining colors and textures, and following trends. At the same time, I’m creating the means to fulfill my passion to make a difference in people’s lives.
5) What was your last, “why did I go into business for myself” moment?
I haven’t had it yet. However, I have asked myself many times, “Am I going in the right direction?” I love being busy but I know a 9 to 5 corporate job is not for me, so I don’t have second thoughts.
6) Every female professional should have?
7) If you could steal some business mojo from another mogul, who would it be and why?
“Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.” Steve Jobs.
I love this idea because it applied directly to what I do, it’s not just about what you see but how practical the product is.
8) What is your business motto?
Make a living in fashion, create a life in giving.
9) If you could give other entrepreneurs three tips, what would they be?
- This road is paved with obstacles, don’t even consider giving up.
- Make sure you enjoy what you do, that’s what will keep you going.
- Pick your battles. Don’t waist time and energy unnecessarily.
10) Has there been a piece of technology or software that has been a lifesaver to you?
The iphone and the hundreds of business related apps available today. I love technology that helps me stay on track and organized.
11) What is your goal for the next year?
I want this company to continue growing. We are just getting started! My goal is to be able to make a difference and touch lives every day, by providing opportunity to enterprising women and giving back as a company and team. I can’t do it all by myself, but I’m certain it’s possible through our growing team of amazing consultants. We have built a close knit community and encourage supporting each other. I believe that focusing on the important things – those that make a difference – and doing things right for our consultants will bring rewards beyond my wildest dreams.
12) When someone is telling their friend about your business, what do you hope they say?
This opportunity has changed my life.