This month, Lioness reached out to the cofounders of Crowdfund Main Street to get their advice on how female entrepreneurs getting investment ready can raise money on their own terms. Here are Michelle Thimesch and Jenny Kassan’s five tips to get you there:
1. Get clear on what you are offering your investors.
2. Identify your ideal investor.
3. Prepare your pre-launch marketing plan that targets your supporters and ideal investors (be aware that there are important laws that restrict how you communicate an investment offering).
4. Choose the right platform to host your public offering.
5. Line-up early support. Investors who do not know you personally will want to see that you have the support of your community and they may not invest until you have some demonstrated traction.