Did you miss a day or two of startup news this week? Did you forget some tips you wanted to implement at your startup? It happens. You’re out there trying to rule the world for crying out loud. Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. Here’s a mashup of all of the Startup News & Advice you should know weekly round up style:
Things To Add To Your To-Do List
1. This month Natasha is talking to money maven Jamie Campbell to learn how we can reshape our money habits to create the wealth we envision in our lives. Here are some tips for you to consider.
2. Make48 and QVC are expanding business opportunities for inventors and entrepreneurs during the October Make48 competition at the Kansas City Art Institute. Apply today.
Things To Meditate On
1. Finding time for beauty when we’re in a mad dash can be tough. Today Vanity + Trade Founder Debra Chen talks about how she does beauty on the grind.
2. An annual research project conducted by Northwestern Mutual explores Americans who are living single and the results show the difference between the sexes.
What Your Peers Were Doing This Week
1. Sabrina Prabasi of Buunni Coffee chats about cofounding a startup and Ethiopia, the birthplace of some of the world’s best coffee beans.
2. On Oct. 27, Hearts of Gold will host its 20th annual charity fundraising gala at Capitale in New York City. Soledad O’Brien and Rhonda Ross set to cohost. Get the details.
Last But Not Least (some empowerment)
Life as an entrepreneur can feel like running the gauntlet. Sometimes you get the wind knocked right out of you – you lose a client, a deal falls through, something doesn’t work out as planned. It happens and it is going happen again. The key is how you respond. Give yourself time to feel whatever you’re feeling (anger, frustration, worry), but don’t linger there too long. Process and move on! Your next win is right around the corner.