Did you miss a day or two of startup news this week? Did you forget some tips you wanted to implement at your startup? It happens. You’re out there trying to rule the world for crying out loud. Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. Here’s a mashup of all of the Startup News & Advice you should know weekly round up style:
Things To Add To Your To-Do List
1. Learn how to write a proper headline. It’s the difference between getting a bunch of clicks on your social media or blog posts and getting ZERO. The headline is a hook that reels in readers. Boring headlines do not grab attention. Kim L. Clark takes us through the steps of writing amazing pieces.
2. For those of us who want to be as rich as Oprah Winfrey AND marry our Stedman, we better make an educated decision about what our spouse is entitled to when it comes to our business. But here’s the real kicker … what if you’re already married when you decide to launch your empire? Read this whether you’re single or married.
Things To Meditate On
1. Are you one of the millions of people who are fighting to get more women in tech? If you are, congrats. It’s an important battle. However, you need to know that once women are in tech, the fight isn’t over. This is a must-read to add to the women in tech discussion.
2. A movie about kickass women in business who are tearing their way through Wall Street. Yep! We’re finally getting some Lionesses on the big screen. Learn more about the film, “Equity,” that is written, produced, directed by and starring women!
What Your Peers Were Doing This Week
1. Lara Hodgson is the president and CEO of NOW Corp, the company who’s NOWaccount App for QuickBooks Online was selected to compete in the final phase of the $100,000 Small Business App Showdown at the 2016 QuickBooks Connect conference in San Jose, CA, on Oct. 24.
2. Fashion photographer Lauri Levenfeld (Marie Claire, Seventeen, Sundance Film Festival), the founder of The Project For Women, announced the launch of a new online editorial project geared toward young women: The Project For Girls.
Last But Not Least (some empowerment)
You will come across two types of people: those who enrich your life and those who bring a dark cloud over it. Run as fast as you can away from the second type. Seriously.