We made it through another week! Did you miss some startup news? We’ve got your back. Here’s a mashup of all of the Startup News & Advice female entrepreneurs should know weekly round up style:
Things To Add To Your To-Do List
1. The truly adept leader will assess the team and employ a leadership style that will offer support and ensure desired results. Know which style to use when.
2. VCs Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson provide the definitive guide to how raising venture capital. Click to read the ins and out of raising funds.
Things To Meditate On
1. Simone Milasas shares her wisdom on treating business like a playground and recommends these three steps to put the fun back in business.
2. New report reveals the “constant checker” – those who check their emails, texts and social media constantly – suffer from higher stress rates. What gives?
3. In The Magnetic Leader, the quality of a company’s leadership is the most important factor in attracting and retaining high-quality employees.
What Your Peers Were Doing This Week
1. Though she found herself studying psychology in college and later receiving her Ed. S. in school psychology, Angie Stocklin has been known for her influence and innovation and was recently recognized by the Indianapolis Business Journal as one of their Forty under 40 award recipients.
2. Jessica Schaefer is drawing on her recent experience as Vice President of Corporate Communications at Point72 and its venture-capital arm, Point72 Ventures, to launch Bevel, a public relations consultancy that will connect clients with stakeholder communities, leveraging traditional mediums and breaking through the new age media.
3. It’s a 10 Haircare, go-to brand for salon professionals and clients across the globe, has made advertising history as the first independently owned professional hair care brand to secure a coveted spot during Super Bowl LI.
Last But Not Least (some empowerment)
Shit will go left. Flush. Go right.