Did you miss a day or two of news this week? Did you forget some tips you wanted to implement at your startup? It happens. You’re out there trying to rule the world for crying out loud. Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. Here’s a mashup of all of the Startup News & Advice you should know:
Things To Add To Your To-Do List
- We hope reading the April 2016 edition of Lioness – our annual FOOD ISSUE – is at the top of your list. We talk to women disrupting the food industry and bringing creative alternative to the market and their respective neighborhoods.
- Running a startup comes with its fair share of money woes and personal financial risks. Don’t run your life down while chasing your dream. Every woman should know how to protect herself. Make sure your dollars are working for you. Here’s what you should know.
Things To Meditate On
- What are special food or dining traditions in your family? Natasha reflects on what makes breaking bread intimate and her favorite childhood memory around the table.
- Tired of giving so much to others but getting nothing back? In this video, you’ll learn how to set healthy boundaries so you can stop being a doormat.
What Your Peers Were Doing This Week
- Nearly 300 women gathered for the 23rd Annual Women Chefs and Restaurateur Conference. Check out the food, flair and fun.
- Tina Howell scored with her first company. Now she’s setting her sights on franchising. Women franchise owners are on the rise and finding success.
- Danielle Tate’s startup idea turned into a multimillion-dollar company. Now she’s teaching other female founders about starting & growing companies.
Last But Not Least (some empowerment)
It is very important to remember to value yourself. That means learning to appreciate your strengths and weaknesses and understanding that the combination of both makes you who you are, and what you are is enough.