Valley Venture Mentors will welcome its inaugural accelerator cohort, comprised of 30 startup teams, in January of 2015.
The Valley Venture Mentors accelerator runs annually for 16 weeks beginning in January.
Benefits for Startups:
- Eligible to win grants of $50,000 each (no equity).
- Connected with experienced mentors from VVM’s pools of hundreds.
- Offered a rigorous training program structured around the lean launchpad curriculum and overcoming the three main causes of startup death: failing to achieve product-market-fit, premature scaling, and team member dynamics.
- Provided free office space in downtown Springfield.
- YOU are invited to apply. Please share the opportunity with your friends :).
- Every team gets money! 30 startups will be accepted & get at least $2k. 5 teams get $20k. 2 teams get $50k. All $$ are grants (not equity, not loans). Judges are all investors/money people so that you develop relationships with people who can get you more money!
- Low commitment. 2 meetings a month starting in January and finishing in April. Everything else is optional.
- Deadline to apply is 10/10.
We accept the startups we can help the most. That boils down to teams that have fire in their belly to take their venture to the next level, are coachable, have ambition to scale their idea up beyond a small business, and can commit to actively participating in many of the program’s activities as well as work 20 hours a week on their venture.
What does not matter to us: non-profit or for-profit, where the team is located, where – or whether – the founders went to school, how long they have been in business, or how much money they have (or don’t).
- Applications will be submitted and reviewed on F6S in October
- Select teams will be invited for initial interviews in early November
- Finalists will be interviewed mid November
Questions? Please email email@example.com.
Want to apply? Click the link below to F6S and fill out our application.