With the James Webb Telescope scanning the universe for life, at Lioness, we’ve been scanning the internet for the best August money resources to help your business blast off! Shoot for the stars and apply to the eight resources and grants opening in August that fit your business!
Explore August’s money resources:
- For: Existing BGE electric and/or gas customers who own a for-profit business founded in 2020 or prior. The business must be in good standing (or on the way to) with the State of Maryland, have a max of 25 employees, and annual gross revenues in 2021 of less than $7 million USD
- Deadline: August 26th
- What: $20k grant
- For: Women-owned businesses
- What: $10,000 grant
- Deadline: August 30
- Note: $15 application fee
- For: Product-focused beauty companies with revenues up to $20 million
- What: 30 winning brands will receive access to FounderMade’s Discover Show West x BeautyMade on October 13, 2022. The brands will get an opportunity to meet with The Estée Lauder Companies New Incubation Ventures team one-on-one at the event.
- Deadline: September 1st
- For: Businesses that are:
- Owned 51 percent+ by person(s) of color
- For-profit businesses producing less than $5M in annual revenue
- Must operate and/or conduct business in at least one of the following states: CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, MA, MN, NJ, NV, NY, RI and/or TX
- Must NOT hold an alcohol beverage retail license
- What: $10k grant, mentorship with Carin Luna-Ostaseski, the founder of SIA Scotch Whisky
- Deadline: September 26th
- For: Independently owned restaurants that have been impacted by a natural disaster, currently operating with revenues of $3M or less per location in the last 12 months. The restaurant must have a brick-and-mortar location and 50 or fewer employees with three stores or fewer
- What: $10k grant
- Deadline: September 30th
- For: Student inventors/entrepreneurs
- What: $25k grant funding
- Deadline: October 5th
- For: Innovative cybersecurity products, services or solutions
- What: The opportunity to present at CyberDefenseCon 2022
- Deadline: None
- For: San Francisco women-owned small businesses
- What: $5,000 grant
- Deadline: Rolling application
We hope you gravitate towards some grants and apply to all the money resources your business qualifies for! To find out more about individual grants, follow the links provided.
Now that August’s started, check out Women in the News July 2022!