AnitaB.org has just launched their inaugural AnitaB.org PitcHER event. It aims to support, encourage, and provide new funding opportunities to women entrepreneurs. They are looking for entrepreneurs from all industries who are leading early-stage technology startups, with the goal of empowering women and/or families and children.
They will select 10 finalists to join them at this year’s Grace Hopper Celebration, the world’s largest gathering of women technologists. They will compete on Sept. 27 and will be judged not only on the quality of their business models but also on the level of social impact their innovations will have on society.
Top 10 Finalists Will Receive:
- Registration to the Grace Hopper Celebration in Houston, Texas
- Flights to and from Houston
- Lodging during their stay in Houston
The finalists will also compete for a total of $65,000 in prize money, to be split among the top three finalists and an audience favorite.
Who Can Apply
- Executive Team: You (the applicant and, if selected as a finalist, the pitch presenter) must identify as a woman, be the founder of your business, and be part of the current executive team (e.g. the CEO or CTO).
- Stage: Your startup is in its early stage of development (seed): You have a minimum viable product (MVP), have conducted some pilots, and have gotten some user feedback. Revenue is not required.
- Funding: Your startup has raised less than $2 million in total funding including self-funding, friends & family, angel investors, grants, etc.
- Location: Your startup is based in the U.S. and serves the U.S. market (although it may also be international).
- Return of Capital: Your startup provides compelling evidence that it will be profitable enough to reward investors for risk.
- May 31: Applications open
- June 30: Applications close
- July 13: Semifinalist notifications
- July 27: Final decisions sent out