Holiday gift shopping for the entrepreneur in your life is always hard. But it gets harder when your entrepreneur is LGBTQ+ and every gift guide assumes that wine is for girls, leather is for boys, and there is no ‘none of the above’ option. Need a Chanukkah present for a lesbian startup founder? Christmas gift for a non-binary innovator? How about a Kwanzaa treat for a trans entrepreneur? We’ve got you covered with gifts for LGBTQ+ entrepreneurs to help your loved ones celebrate their whole selves.
For the fashionista
Entrepreneurs need to look their best when they’re trying to secure that bag.
- For a bold, categorization-defying entrepreneur, consider the Superbloom Wavy Suit Jacket (sizes XS-3X). Dani Dazey, the woman who designed Trixie Mattel’s Trixie Motel, sells this gender-agnostic jacket (and corresponding pants and waistcoat!) through her brand Dazey LA.
- The Diner Dress (sizes XXS-5X) from Tuesday of California can keep them looking put-together even after a long day. Recipients will love female founder Tuesday Bassen’s focus on body diversity and sustainability.
- An immaculate white pantsuit from JIBRI (dress sizes 10-28) will have founders feeling powerful – especially because JIBRI designer Jasmine Elder crafts her pieces to fit real plus-size women rather than sizing off a mannequin.
- Choose The Malala heel for the founder who wants all eyes on them during their pitches. Pick The Zedkiel for a boot that can go from the business meeting to the production floor. Or get them the Leader Mary Jane (self-explanatory). Fluevog Shoes has footwear for every gender presentation.
For the overworked entrepreneur
Running your own business is hard work. Entrepreneurs are so busy that it can be hard to get them to stop thinking about work!
- A print of ‘Sleeping Beauty’ by queer masculine-identified artist Suzanne Shifflett will remind them to take a break for once.
- Encourage them to relax with a candle set from Boy Smells, a fragrance company conceived beyond the gender binary.
- Help them soothe their aches with Medicine of the People’s Sore Joint Rub. The indigenous- and woman-owned company wild-crafts plants for its soothing balms and salves.
For the maker
If your entrepreneur is always getting their hands dirty building the prototype of their latest product idea, they might enjoy one of these.
- The Yetch Build Dice Set from makers Simone Giertz and Laura Kampf delivers design briefs with inspiring constraints. Perfect for getting out of a creative rut in the workshop!
- A colorful Notes Thoughts Ideas notepad from woman-owned stationer Mellowworks will help them capture their wild design concepts before they fly away.
- There’s always a gift card to their preferred place to get inspired, whether that’s Micro Center, Home Depot, or your local craft store. Nothing says “I get you” like Arduino boards and lumber.
For the founder who always wants to talk it out
The best leaders have tons of emotional intelligence. If your entrepreneur is always processing, communicating or listening to their gut, try one of these.
- S. Bear Bergman’s book Special Topics in Being a Human offers funny, tender, inclusive advice for various social situations. Book Riot said, “Bergman’s approach to life is radical and feminist, and his gentle, encouraging advice centers queer and trans lives and experiences.”
- A premium subscription to the CHANI app by queer astrologer Chani Nicholas could satisfy their mystical curiosity. The app’s sign-specific journal prompts will help them find inspiration and motivation.
- Your entrepreneur can show their passion for their community (or just their pronouns) with an enamel pin from Dissent Pins’ Pride collection. Our fav is the Werk Boots pin, which supports LGBTQ+ nonprofits and celebrates drag with red and gold glitz.
For the foodie
Sure, they’re getting that bread and bringing home the bacon, but are they taking time to nourish themselves? A tasty treat might be just what your entrepreneur needs.
- The Cowgirl Creamery quarterly cheese club delivers a mouthwatering collection of fromages. The lesbian couple behind this creamery is responsible for the iconic and award-winning Mt. Tam. No matter what the quarterly reports say, there will always be cheese.
- If your entrepreneur likes to spice it up, this set of hot sauces and a fabulous kitchen towel from drag queen Shaquanda Coco Mulatta might hit the spot. Her spicy, complex sauces combine references to her drag identity, her youth in Brooklyn and her family’s origins in Barbados.
- Nona Vegan’s vegan pasta sauces deliver home-cooked Italian flavor in a gluten- and dairy-free package. Support an environmentally friendly, female- and LGBTQ+- owned small business while serving up a meal your entrepreneur with dietary restrictions can enjoy. Why not throw in some gluten-free fusilli from woman-owned Scratch Pasta Co., too?
Good luck shopping! And remember, the most valuable gift you can give is your support – for your LGBTQ+ entrepreneur’s business and for their identity. You can’t go wrong if you’re showing that you’re proud of them.
Check out this gift guide of books for your entire C-Suite.