Did you miss a day or two of news this week? Did you forget some tips you wanted to implement at your startup? It happens. You’re out there trying to rule the world for crying out loud. Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. Here’s a mashup up of all of the Startup News & Advice you should know:
Things To Add To Your To-Do List
- Making sure your business is primed for success. Kim L. Clark put together a magnificent list of The 5 Cs you need to monitor to optimize your success.
- If you want to host interns at your startup, you need to have a proper internship program in place. Interns are not your built-in gophers. Our founder Natasha shared Lioness’ internship program to give you a foundation for success.
- Check out new social platform injii. If you’re a social entrepreneur this is the latest, cool way to engage your audience in fundraising in real time.
- Check out our new Lioness merchandise. The holidays are around the corner and our gifts are a fun, sassy way to celebrate you or another female entrepreneur in your life.
Things To Meditate On
- You need to prioritize the things in your life and not feel guilty about it. The added stress of urgency you feel does little for your emotional and physical wellness.
- Are you and your significant other contemplating a move to raise your family. If you will be living on a budget, here are the best cities to consider.
What Your Peers Were Doing This Week
- The Women Startup Challenge NYC announced their award winners and its an impressive list. SoftSpot took top honors.
- Musician Steven Tyler announced the launch of his new signature philanthropic initiative to help girls who have been abused and neglected: Janie’s Fund.
- Stay at home mothers (SAHMs) are starting unique businesses that allow them to be with their children and partake in entrepreneurship. Rachel Rojas chats with her friend Melissa who hustles as a dig sitter.
Last But Not Least (some empowerment)
We are most critical on ourselves. We set goals, we have expectations and when we fall short we forget to give ourselves the wiggle room to be human. We know how hard you try to bring things to fruition. Not meeting our own expectations plain, ‘ole sucks. Don’t beat yourself up. Tomorrow is a new day to dust yourself off. Winners win because they don’t give up, not because they’ve never lost. Get to your win.