It's Friday and you know what that means - a roundup of everything that matters this week in female startup news.
Did you miss a day or two of news this week? Did you forget some tips you wanted to implement at your startup? It happens. You’re out there trying to rule the world for crying out loud. Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. Here’s a mashup of all of the Startup News & Advice you should know:
Things To Add To Your To-Do List
- Bring some innovation to your community? Are sitting at the table of innovators in your city? You should be. Not sure how to get involved at a high level with credible players? We spoke to Katie Stebbins of the Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and she gave you 5 Ways To Bring Innovation To Your City.
- Are you trying to learn to work social media or are you trying to see how social media can work for your business? These are two very different approaches. You should be utilizing a social strategy that aligns with the type of business you run. We gave you all of the details here.
- KISS! Well, not the kind you’re thinking of – HA! We’re challenging women to keep their 2016 strategic goals very simple. Here’s the five things to focus on.
Things To Meditate On
- What do you do to rediscover yourself? How do you separate yourself from all of the noise and people in your life to find your voice again? Young entrepreneur Cierra Baumgartner escaped to Europe to get away for some soul searching. Learn about her experience and what she rediscovered about herself.
What Your Peers Were Doing This Week
- Sara Blakely is shining the spotlight on female entrepreneurs through her new LEG Up initiative. Find out what’s cool about it and how you can get involved.
- Actress Zulay Henao is gearing up to co-host the Georgia Entertainment Gala with none other than “Ray Donovan” star Pooch Hall. Get the details on the upcoming must-attend gala.
Last But Not Least (some empowerment)
Treat yourself to something remarkable this weekend that makes you purr. Whether it’s a fresh pedicure, new silk pajamas or a half-hour massage. Pamper yourself.
Next Up: Weekly Round Up (Nov. 30 – Dec. 4): A Mashup of Startup News & Advice For Women