Did you miss a day or two of startup news this week? Did you forget some tips you wanted to implement at your startup? It happens. You’re out there trying to rule the world for crying out loud. Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. Here’s a mashup of all of the Startup News & Advice you should know weekly round up style:
Things To Add To Your To-Do List
1. Harvard Business School has launched a new program for women executives. The program will provide an in depth examination of the function of corporate boards and inner dynamics of board governance. Scholarships are available. See if the program is right for you.
2. What happens on Capitol Hill should always be on your radar. Here are eight pieces of business-related legislation the Senate should pass immediately.
Things To Meditate On
1. What is the secret to manifesting our dreams? Writer Karen Cavalli talks to St. Paul-based entrepreneur Laurie Potter about the power of manifesting our dreams and going after what we want in life.
2. She’s the CEO and designer of Tory Burch LLC, and her estimated net worth is $1 billion. She’s Tory Burch and here are her Top 10 Rules for Success.
3. Having the right mentor can fast track your success — if you can find one. Use these six steps from Marie Forleo to find a mentor to guide you.
What Your Peers Were Doing This Week
1. This female founder and college student has invented a new game based on neuroscience to help train our brain to get over our exs.
2. 5 Talks pioneer a safe space for women to address entrepreneurial topics that are relevant to them. On Sept. 21, 5 comes to Boston, Mass. Meet the 5 women to lead the talk.
3. Iconic tennis star Serena Williams and legendary boxer Muhammad Ali are the recipients of the esteemed 2016 Jesse Owens Awards.
Last But Not Least (some empowerment)
Work past the mental exhaustion. Entrepreneurship is a scary, knuckle-up, fight past the fear match – and a good part of the fight is an emotional battle. In order to see things through, you have to get resilient. If you want it as bad as you say you do, prove it.