Did you miss a day or two of startup news this week? Did you forget some tips you wanted to implement at your startup? It happens. You’re out there trying to rule the world for crying out loud. Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. Here’s a mashup of all of the Startup News & Advice you should know weekly round up style:
Things To Add To Your To-Do List
1. The fourth Women Startup Challenge pitch competition is now accepting applications until Dec. 12. Click to see if you qualify and how to apply.
2. Women entrepreneurs have a tougher time securing funding than our male peers. Lioness is helping by providing a list of small business grants for women.
3. Everyone says to have a newsletter, but should you do with it? How do you build and maintain a robust email list? Try these tactics to reboot your list.
Things To Meditate On
1. There are lessons to be learned from the scientists, artists and peacemakers who win the Nobel Prize every year. David Pratt gives us 5 Tips For Success.
2. BusinessTown, a website featuring more than 700 free how-to videos designed to help people start and run a business, launches in December.
What Your Peers Were Doing This Week
1. Biocrystal Technologies CEO Vesna Pavletić has been named one of the Innovators of the Year at the 2016 Stevie Awards for Women in Business on Nov. 19 in NY.
Last But Not Least (some empowerment)
Be the person you want to become now.