Did you miss a day or two of news this week? Did you forget some tips you wanted to implement at your startup? It happens. You’re out there trying to rule the world for crying out loud. Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. Here’s a mashup of all of the Startup News & Advice you should know:
Things To Add To Your To-Do List
- Review the success of your current email marketing campaigns so you aren’t sending out messages that suck. You know a good email marketing campaign when you receive it. It’s what separates the emails you actually open from the ones you instantly delete. We shared these tips to help you maintain an effective marketing campaign.
- Hiver helps you get rid of those nasty streams of emails clogging your inbox whenever you’re working on a project and all team members chime in with their response. The new tool allows teams to collaborate on tasks, sales and support all from inside of Gmail. Take a peek.
Things To Meditate On
- Our Book of the Week deals with the leap many women entrepreneurs ultimately have to take to proceed with their journeys. Jennifer Noel Taylor’s “Love Incorporated” is a guide for anyone that feels stuck in a mundane job that has little meaning.
- Are you a Boss Chick in the making? The making of a Boss Chick is not something one attains with money or through membership, it is something that takes place on the inside. It’s about your thinking, your capacity, your faith, your footprints, your zest and zeal, and yes it’s about your thunder. This is a great read for all women who want to lead boldly and genuinely.
What Your Peers Were Doing This Week
- Actress Josie Bissett shares with Natasha why women have to make ourselves a priority, what young girls should do before acting, her health tips and answers fan questions.
- This week Marie Forleo reminds us that you can have a winning personality and be uber-successful. Do not believe the old myth about needing to be an asshole to get ahead. Here’s how to be awesome and taken seriously.
- Rashida Jones Voted ‘Sexiest Sense of Humor’ By Victoria’s Secret. She joins a host of fabulous women who embody style, attitude and confidence. They are celebrated in Victoria Secret’s 2016 “What Is Sexy?” List.
Last But Not Least (some empowerment)
No. No. NO. Say it with us. It is a word just like any other and it is OK to add it to your vocabulary more often. You do not have to say yes even though inside you really want to say no. When the urge to say no to something pops up, take a moment to evaluate why you’re having that reaction. If it’s based on some substance, you need to determine whether you should proceed with declining whatever is on the table. Sometimes a no is a good reminder to you, and whomever is receiving it, that you value and weigh your decisions.