Did you miss a day or two of startup news this week? Did you forget some tips you wanted to implement at your startup? It happens. You’re out there trying to rule the world for crying out loud. Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. Here’s a mashup of all of the Startup News & Advice you should know:
Things To Add To Your To-Do List
- Public speaking has great advantages for women entrepreneurs. Angela Lussier, founder of Speaking School for Women, tells us why we should speak up.
- Are you losing sales you feel you deserve to win? Once your presentation is prepared, there’s still work to do before you deliver it to your prospects. Here are two ways to increase sales.
- A potential sponsor has reached out to you. What do you say? Check out these savvy tips on how to ask for sponsorship with confidence.
Things To Meditate On
- Entrepreneurs love the nutty ride of building our businesses and setting our own schedules and at the end of the day, we think all of the sacrifice is worth it.
- It’s a competitive world. Everywhere you look you have choices. McDonald’s or Burger King or Home Depot or Lowe’s. Why should your customer choose you? Here’s what to do.
What Your Peers Were Doing This Week
- Photojournalist Eman Helal’s work covering assaults on women receives recognition with the Portenier Human Rights Bursary for 2016.
- Today we chat with performer, teacher and CEO Alika Hope of the Ray of Hope Project. Find out more about our Entrepreneur of the Day.
- American gymnast and Olympian Shawn Johnson is tired of the negative commentary and body shaming of women athletes and she’s giving a piece of her mind.
Last But Not Least (some empowerment)
We know it sounds cliché, but what are you grateful for? Just about any outrageously successful person you encounter talks about practicing gratitude. Take a minute right now to think of five things you are grateful for and watch the energy shift.