Did you miss a day or two of startup news this week? Did you forget some tips you wanted to implement at your startup? It happens. You’re out there trying to rule the world for crying out loud. Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. Here’s a mashup of all of the Startup News & Advice you should know weekly round up style:
Things To Add To Your To-Do List
1. How do you use social media to build rapport with your customers AND make money? Kim L. Clark talks about how to get a return on your social media investment by understanding the 7 Types Of People Who Use Social Media.
2. The Venture Center in conjunction with FIS announced that it is accepting applications for its financial technology accelerator program. Applications for the VC FinTech Accelerator are currently open and close Feb. 5, 2017. Apply today.
Things To Meditate On
1. Women comprise nearly 45 percent of the total venture capital workforce, but few are in senior investment roles with decision-making positions. Here’s what to consider in this conversation.
What Your Peers Were Doing This Week
1. Canna Angels, LLC matches cannabis-centered startups with accredited investors looking to participate in a booming cannabis market.
2. Jennifer Garner, Nate Berkus and Rachel Zoe along with Baby2Baby’s Co-Presidents Norah Weinstein and Kelly Sawyer Patricof attend the Baby2Baby and Huggies No Baby Unhugged Donation Event to provide hugs in the form of diapers and wipes to Baby2Baby families in need. Find out more.
3. The Series E funding will accelerate growth and scale Rent The Runway’s a la carte and subscription rental products, retail stores and operational capacity.
Last But Not Least (some empowerment)
We’re heading into 2017 and I know you’re reflecting. Quick question: is your major goal for 2017 the same goal you had for 2016? If so, it’s time to get real with yourself and admit there’s something you could have done better this year. This is an opportunity to not just dream but to do and take action. So make sure the action you take in 2017 are the actions that will actually make your dream come true.