The Three Things You Should Do To Capture The Next Great Moment In Your Life
Posted on March 7, 2017 by Natasha Zena
Moments. Our life is a string of them bound together in the story of our existence. If you could physically hold it in your hand, I imagine it would loop together like the lemniscate, the figure-eight shaped symbol for infinity. No beginning, no ending, just a constant loop of moments intertwined from our birth until our death and back again.
When I was in my late teens and flipping through a magazine, Glamour or Cosmopolitan, I can’t remember which, I remember they had featured a bunch of professional women and one had stuck out to me. I don’t recall her name or what she did for a living, but I do remember her age. She was 34 years old.
Life can feel so long when you’re young, and I sat there and thought, “I wonder what I’ll be doing when I’m 34.” It seemed so far off and I had so many dreams and I didn’t know if any of them would come true. But I was hungry for life and with ambition and believed, truly believed, that anything was possible.
In 2014, when we launched LionessMagazine.com and I left a secure job that I enjoyed to step out into the unknown world of startups, I was excited and exposed. I had never felt so naked in front of the world as I did then. I was either embarking on something of sheer brilliance or I was going to fail miserably in front of a lot of people. For me, it was black and white. Then my birthday arrived that August, and I had another moment. One of those out-of-body experiences when your infinity loop overlaps with another moment and it feels like the world has stopped spinning and for a second, just a second, you have the kind of clarity that allows you to see behind the veil and how all the steps you took – those that led you off and back on your path – brought you to where you currently stand.
I was turning 34 and in that moment, I remembered wondering where I’d be and today I could say unequivocally, “here,” at Lioness. By launching LionessMagazine.com, I was creating. I was taking my destiny in my own hands. I was leaping. And though I was doing those things with fear, I wasn’t letting fear immobilize me. There are three things that I’ve always known how to do well: ask for help, hustle and work with tomorrow in mind. In fact, if I could tell a future entrepreneur to tape a mantra to their mirror to reenergize them each day, that would be it. Keep doing those three things every single day – even when you’d rather stay in bed, even when you’re winning. One day you’ll look up and you’ll be there, in that moment, in that place you always wanted to be.
This month, we’re talking to female entrepreneurs about their launch moment. How did they pull off taking an idea and turning it into a successful business? We ask a beauty CEO, a gourmet baker and BFFs launching a juice company. We’re also giving you a guide on startup basics. Everything you need to know about venture capital, leadership and blueprinting your startup via The Business Model Canvas. So, click around and stay a while. We’re here to help you achieve your startup dreams and be a part of the next great moment in your life.
Until next time,
Unleash the Lioness within and ROCK the day.
- Is Alice The New Siri For Entrepreneurs? - February 7, 2018
- Product Review: Keisha Jeremie Puts A Delicious, High-End Spin On Applesauce With, sanaia - January 31, 2018
- Apply Now: Early-Stage Life Sciences Competition For Women, MassNextGen, Is Taking Applications - January 12, 2018
- Rants & Raves: What We Can Learn From Cardi B, Hollywood’s Latest Scandals & Business Owners Like Dave Ratner Who Get Thrown Under The Bus So Easily - October 18, 2017
- Rants & Raves: Women Entrepreneurial Activity Up 10 Percent, Alec Baldwin Dives Into Creepsterville & Lupita Brings Wakanda To Life - September 8, 2017
- Rants & Raves: Pretending To Be Men To Open Doors, Female ‘Lord Of The Flies’ Reboot & Keeping Real Journalism Around - September 1, 2017
- Springfield Mayor Implementing Social Media Policy To City Employees After Police Officer Accused Of Mocking Charlottesville Violence - August 18, 2017
- We Talk Common Mistakes Entrepreneurs Make When It Comes To Protecting Their Businesses With Hillary Arlene Jones - July 31, 2017
- Cofounder of Ready Set Productions Says Women Should Worry Less About The Little Things And More About Quality - June 9, 2017
- Latanya Tibbs Set To Debut On Steve Harvey’s New Show, ‘FUNDERDOME’ - June 9, 2017