Product Review: Keisha Jeremie Puts A Delicious, High-End Spin On Applesauce With, sanaia
Posted on January 31, 2018 by Natasha Zena
photo courtesy of Natasha Zena
I am a fan of apple sauce. My favorite way to eat it is ice-cold and a bit slushy. sanaia Apple Sauce is fantastic. Our Lioness crew was totally spoiled this week when our box of sanaia arrived in the mail.
It came in the cutest 106 milliliter jars. We received an assorted six pack ($19.99 value). It was delicious! Thank you to founder Keisha Jeremie for the splendid spin on an old favorite. (I killed three mini jars in a row – shhh.)
The Bahamian came up with the idea for the artisanal applesauce during her time at the University of Virginia. A newbie to making applesauce, she made her first batch — with the skin still on. “This is how the uniquely tart taste and full-bodied texture of sanaia’s original recipe came to be,” Jeremie explained.
sanaia Founder Keisha Jeremie
Last night, I selected three jars of applesauce — Guava, Lavender Pear and Hibiscus — to put in the freezer while I cooked dinner. I was practically drooling in anticipation over the Guava applesauce. (I yelled dibs on it as soon as we opened the box at the office!). I let them stay in the freezer for an hour and then ate it right out of the jars. They were phenomenal. I am a fan of Granny Smith apples anyway and the brilliance of having some of its skin in the applesauce gave it a tinge of tartness that was divine.
I loved that the flavor of each applesauce really came through. It wasn’t a hint. You got the full body of the Guava or the Lavender Pear. I will definitely order these in the future. sanaia is lovely from top to bottom — the packaging, the labels, the taste, everything. It would make a great housewarming gift. This hands down was one of my favorite reviews at Lioness and it’s only the first month of 2018. You other entrepreneurs better bring it this year. sanaia has set the bar.
- Is Alice The New Siri For Entrepreneurs? - February 7, 2018
- Product Review: Keisha Jeremie Puts A Delicious, High-End Spin On Applesauce With, sanaia - January 31, 2018
- Apply Now: Early-Stage Life Sciences Competition For Women, MassNextGen, Is Taking Applications - January 12, 2018
- Rants & Raves: What We Can Learn From Cardi B, Hollywood’s Latest Scandals & Business Owners Like Dave Ratner Who Get Thrown Under The Bus So Easily - October 18, 2017
- Rants & Raves: Women Entrepreneurial Activity Up 10 Percent, Alec Baldwin Dives Into Creepsterville & Lupita Brings Wakanda To Life - September 8, 2017
- Rants & Raves: Pretending To Be Men To Open Doors, Female ‘Lord Of The Flies’ Reboot & Keeping Real Journalism Around - September 1, 2017
- Springfield Mayor Implementing Social Media Policy To City Employees After Police Officer Accused Of Mocking Charlottesville Violence - August 18, 2017
- We Talk Common Mistakes Entrepreneurs Make When It Comes To Protecting Their Businesses With Hillary Arlene Jones - July 31, 2017
- Cofounder of Ready Set Productions Says Women Should Worry Less About The Little Things And More About Quality - June 9, 2017
- Latanya Tibbs Set To Debut On Steve Harvey’s New Show, ‘FUNDERDOME’ - June 9, 2017