SEATTLE — Microsoft recently announced teaming up with Female Founders Alliance to support women entrepreneurs in the accelerator, Ready Set Raise. In a released statement, the company said, “FFA has a proven track record of not only supporting highly scalable, female and non-binary-led startups, but of serving as a catalyst to drive important discussions and bring together the community surrounding these founders. FFA is perfectly aligned to our charter of helping startups around the world accelerate their success and we’re inspired by the potential of this cohort.”
According to FFA, “Through FFA’s partnership with Microsoft for Startups, each participant will receive up to $120k in Azure credits and other Microsoft technology, as well as technical and business mentoring from Microsoft executives. B2B-focused startups will have further opportunities to scale their business through Microsoft’s Channel Partners and customers.”
“We created a program that is equally or more selective and value-adding than the top accelerators nationally, but consciously designed for women and non-binary founders,” said Leslie Feinzaig, founder and CEO. “I feel privileged to introduce the outstanding group of companies that were selected for this second edition of Ready Set Raise.”
Class of 2019
- Echo Echo: AI-powered tools for podcasters.
- CEO Alina Serebryany, Oakland, CA
- Give InKind: Coordinating support through major life events.
- CEO Laura Malcolm, Seattle, WA
- Honistly: A new class of financial instruments to minimize impact of short term cash needs.
- CEO Betsy Tong, Portland, OR
- Juicebox It: Modernizing erotica with a chatbot that is arousing AND educational.
- CEO Brianna Rader, San Francisco, CA
- Panty Drop: A personalized intimates shopping experience for women sizes XS-6XL.
- CEO Julie Arsenault, Reno, NV
- The Labz: A collaborative platform that protects and memorializes creative content development in real-time.
- CEO Farah Allen, Atlanta, GA
- Tougher: Functional, well-fitting workwear for women in the skilled trades.
- CEO Stacey Gose, Corvallis, OR
- Wheyward Spirit: A sustainable farm-to-flask spirit made from excess whey.
- CEO Emily Darchuk, Eugene, OR
Ready Set Raise 2019 will run from Sept. 9 – Oct. 18.