In this episode, Gretchen DeVault and Tera Wozniak Qualls talk with Charlene Trinh about how she turned a
Conscious Leadership Episode Highlights:
- Conscious Leadership:
- Bringing one’s whole self to a leadership role.
- Not about being seen, but you seeing yourself.
- Stepping outside your comfort zone, over and over again.
- Understanding your own patterns of self sabotage and developing a plan to manage times when you are sabotaging progress in order to stay outside of your comfort zone.
- Creates a culture of trust, support, growth, and collaboration.
- Becoming a conscious leader comes from “tuning in” – getting connected to your heart, gut, intuition.
- Do the inner work and get clear on who you are not and own You!
- If you’re going to hold place for someone else, you have to be solid on who you are.
- Network with those that do similar work and find those that support you.
- Make sure you are clear on who you are as a coach and who you want to work with; you can’t be everyone’s coach.
- Find your gift and share it with the world. If you have a hard time finding it, get a mentor or coach.
- Authenticity is your superpower.
I am passionate about supporting others in their journey of wellness and Wellbeing. I cultivate a holistic approach to wellness that balances not only the body, but also the mind and spirit. My clients benefit from my wide-ranging knowledge of Integrative Health (combining wellness disciplines from Ayurveda, Western and Eastern healing modalities), and my extensive experience with nutrition, detox and exercise. I also believe that in order to achieve true happiness and wellbeing, we must live a life consciously aligned with our passions and visions. I therefore work with my clients to identify their unique definitions of success, and to process and breakthrough the limiting beliefs that are holding them back from their full expression. Endless possibilities exist when we make heart-centered shifts to find our own voice, and take actions to maintain balance and authenticity in our life and career.
I spent 18 years as a corporate executive in Wealth Management, and even though it looked like I had it all on the outside, inside I felt there had to be more to life. I started to invest my free time exploring my passions and began to train for marathons, practiced yoga and meditation, and completed wellness and personal development programs. Through my own personal inner journey, it became clear that I had been playing it small and was settling instead of taking risks and going after what I truly wanted. It was then that I found the courage to lean in and fight for an uncommon life, an existence that would light me up from within.
We each only have one precious life, and there is no dress rehearsal. We are all meant to forge the life of our dreams. Having found my own freedom, I feel called upon to pass it on, to inspire others to do the same and to create a positive ripple effect in the world. I am committed to being a guide for others so that they too may rediscover their own inner wisdom, step into their full power and find balance physically, emotionally and spiritually.
As Pablo Picasso once said, “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.”
Charlene is a 4-time Boston Marathoner, a yogi, and an avid traveler. and foodie. When she is not coaching, teaching or speaking at events, she enjoys spending time with her husband Brandon. Charlene has a B.A. from UCLA and a J.D. from UC Hastings of the Law.
You can find Charlene online at charlenetrinh.com .