- This event has passed.
WIMMIES Spring Fling: A Fireside Chat With Valerier Van Galder – California
May 17, 2017 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm$30
WIMMIES (Women in Media) will bring together Los Angeles’ top female leaders in digital media for an invitation-only event on Wednesday, May 17 at Creators Media HQ that will benefit Dress for Success Worldwide – West and Step Up, two local nonprofits empowering women and advancing their careers.
WIMMIES Board Member Varuni Jaipershad will interview entertainment industry veteran Valerie Van Galder and discuss hot topics like the gender pay gap, professional development specifically for working women, and digital media industry trends. Possible questions include:
- Share with us your career story.
- What risky decisions did you make in your career that helped you get to where you are today?
- Were there any risks you took that you feel didn’t pan out? How did you move forward?
- What are the professional skills you think women need to develop most?
- What are some of the qualities of top performers on your team?
- What do you see as the biggest digital media innovation ahead in 2017/2018?
- In your opinion, what’s the biggest challenge in our industry today?
- Do you think there’s a gender pay gap in our industry? If so, what can we do about it?
- Who is your favorite entrepreneur and why?
- What’s your business motto and why?
- What advice would you give to your 25-year-old self?
- Can you speak a bit about the “why” behind what you do? (Simon Sinek)
The event will also feature an innovative speed networking exercise where women will focus oncareer and work advice.