To celebrate Women’s History Month, DICK’S Sporting Goods unveiled a new advertising campaign, “Inside Moves,” to showcase the powerful women who help lead the company’s efforts. They ensure that girls and women everywhere receive the opportunities they deserve, both on and off the field of play.
Highlighting leaders through “Inside Moves”
The campaign aims to reach female consumers and establish their connection to the female leaders at DICK’S Sporting Goods. The leaders highlighted in this campaign, in order of appearance, are:
- Julie Lodge-Jarrett, Chief People Officer
- Carrie Guffey, Senior Vice President, Merchandising
- Nina Barjesteh, Senior Vice President, Product Development
- Melissa Christian, Vice President, Marketing
- Toni Roeller, Senior Vice President, Store Environment
- Kim Walker, Senior Director, Visual Merchandising
- Aimee Watters, Executive Director, DICK’S Sporting Goods Foundation
- Lauren Hobart, President & Chief Executive Officer
Creating the campaign
Creative agency Badger & Winters developed the “Inside Moves” campaign. “DICK’S has a team of incredible leaders who are writing a new playbook for women and girls in sports. Lauren and the team recognize the power sports has to change the trajectories of girls’ lives. Our agency is so proud to be a part of their efforts,” said Madonna Badger, Founder and Chief Creative Officer, Badger & Winters.
Supporting girls in sports
DICK’S Sporting Goods has made several efforts to champion women while highlighting the importance youth sports play in the lives of girls. This includes:
- A commitment by The DICK’S Sporting Goods Foundation to donate 100,000 sports bras. Over the next 18 months, they will be provided to under resourced female athletes across the country.
- The formation of the company’s first-ever Girls’ Power Panel for girls ages 13-17. The goal is to give young women a voice to provide input on sports issues and product offerings.
- A National Girls & Women in Sports Day social challenge, #StrongerWithSports. It aims to showcaseing the strength girls and women gain by participating in sports. Candace Parker, Sydney Leroux and Morgan Simianer were among the sports advocates and leaders supporting the challenge.
- The launch of the second annual Brooks Running “Empower Her” collection. The product line is currently available in DICK’S stores nationwide and online.
“While the campaign focuses on several of the women on our leadership team, I can tell you that our entire company is all in on supporting girls and women in all walks of life,” said Hobart. “Along with our partners, we will work tirelessly to ensure that we have the products and programs that speak to current and future female athletes.”
Moving forward, the company will continue to support these efforts through increased product assortment, in-store programs, a series of marketing initiatives and product donations.
This new campaign and 2021 initiatives follow the company’s actions when The DICK’S Sporting Goods Foundation provided a $5 million grant to the U.S. Soccer Foundation’s United for Girls initiative, began a partnership with USA Softball, expanded women’s offerings in-store and online and launched a marketing campaign celebrating the power of the sports bra.
About DICK’S Sporting Goods, Inc.
Founded in 1948, DICK’S Sporting Goods is a sporting goods retailer offering an extensive assortment of authentic, high-quality sports equipment, apparel, footwear and accessories. The company serves and inspires athletes and outdoor enthusiasts to achieve their personal best through a combination of its dedicated teammates, in-store services and unique specialty shop-in-shops dedicated to Team Sports, Athletic Apparel, Golf, Outdoor, Fitness and Footwear.
DICK’S also owns and operates Golf Galaxy and Field & Stream specialty stores. They also manage GameChanger, a youth sports mobile app for scheduling, communications, live scorekeeping and video streaming. DICK’S offers its products through a dynamic eCommerce platform that is integrated with its store network and provides athletes with the convenience and expertise of a 24-hour storefront.
About The DICK’S Sporting Goods Foundation
The DICK’S Sporting Goods Foundation is a non-profit corporation with a mission to inspire and enable sports participation. It was created by DICK’S Sporting Goods, Inc. as a private corporate foundation to support DICK’S charitable and philanthropic activities.