Cosmetic Executive Women (CEW) celebrated women and achievement at the Annual Women’s Leadership Awards held at the Ziegfeld Ballroom—a program that embodies CEW’s mission to motivate, elevate and advance female leaders who are shaping the beauty industry today.
The two-day live and virtual hybrid event recognized and celebrated the recipients of three awards: The new Catalyst for Change Award, which celebrated one woman for moving the industry forward through a social movement; the Achiever Awards, which acknowledged seven of the most accomplished senior-level female executives; and the Social Impact Awards, which honored seven emerging beauty executives who are positively affecting change within their companies and the industry.
“The Achiever Award recipients are the future of the beauty business, representing different backgrounds, experiences, cultures, ages, leadership styles and points of view,” said Carlotta Jacobson, CEW President. “They bring a wealth of innovation and new thinking. They are expanding our industry in new directions, and building a better, more equitable workplace.”
In partnership with Dotdash Meredith, the program commenced on June 2, 2022, with an in-person luncheon to recognize all honorees, and concluded on June 3, 2022, with a dynamic virtual panel comprised of Achiever honorees, moderated by the revered editor, Linda Wells, eliciting insights, advice, and their secrets of success.
This year’s achiever award honorees included:
2022 Catalyst for Change Award
- Sharon Chuter, Founder & CEO, UOMA Beauty
2022 Achiever Awards
- Susan Akkad, SVP, Local & Cultural Innovation, The Estée Lauder Companies
- Nata Dvir, Chief Merchandising Officer, Macy’s
- Nathalie Gerschtein, President, Consumer Products Division, North America, L’Oréal
- Sarah Curtis Henry, Chief Commercial Officer, N.A., Parfums Christian Dior
- Marcela Melero, VP, Global Skin Cleansing, Unilever
- Ilaria Resta, Global President, Perfumery, Firmenich
- Alexis Schrimpf, VP, Global Skin & Personal Care Design, P&G Beauty, Co-Founder, Chief Design Officer, SeeMe Beauty
A range of speakers introduced the achievers
- Fabrizio Freda, President & CEO, The Estée Lauder Companiesi
- Jeff Gennette, Chairman & CEO, Macy’s
- Ann Gottlieb, President, Ann Gottlieb Associates
- Carol Hamilton, Group VP, Acquisitions and West Coast Headquarters, L’Oréal USA
- Carl Haney, Executive VP, Research, Product and Innovation Officer, The Estée Lauder Companies
- Gena Smith, Chief Human Resources Officer, LVMH
- Markus Strobel, President, Skin & Personal Care, P&G Beauty
The Women’s Leadership Awards also honored emerging leaders
2022 Social Impact Awards
- Simone Jordan, Global Head of Purpose & Brand Partnerships, Sundial Brands
- Erica Monteith, Executive Director of Brand Activations and Beauty Marketing, CVS Health
- Debra Redmond, Vice President, Beauty Division Merchandise Manager, Nordstrom
- Crystal Sai, Executive Director, Chief of Staff, Global Online, The Estée Lauder Companies
- Angela Simpson, Vice President, U.S. Marketing, NARS Cosmetics
- Amber Stryker, Director, BFA Impact, BFA Industries
- Rolanda J. Wilkerson, Ph.D., Senior Director and Scientific Communications Fellow, Olay and Multicultural Hair Portfolio, P&G Beauty
Sponsors included Amazon Premium Beauty, 24Seven, P&G Beauty, Harris Williams, Unilever, RéVive Skincare, L’Oréal USA, Dyson, EDO, SeeHer, ULTA Beauty, Clarins, Nordstrom, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health, BFA Industries, Olaplex, Meta, NielsenIQ, Sephora, LVMH, Too Faced, MMC, and Parlux. Event partners include Beauty Inc, Fairchild Media Group, Consultancy Media, Kaplow Communications, Badger Agency, and Suite K.
About Cosmetic Executive Women
Cosmetic Executive Women (CEW) is an international organization of 9,000+ individual members representing beauty and related businesses, including leading brands, indies, retailers, media, and suppliers. CEW’s primary purpose is to provide programs that augment career development and knowledge of the beauty industry via networking events, industry and trend reports, daily newsletters, interactive workshops, and thought-leader talks. For more information, please visit https://www.cew.org/.
Read a story about women founders in the cosmetic field here on Lioness.