According to Albert Einstein, “the only source of knowledge is experience.” If you’re looking for a burst of new knowledge on how to care for yourself in your fifties, Living Loud Living Long (L4) is the right podcast for you. Dr. Candice Hughes, the founder of Hughes BioPharma, shares valuable and impactful stories by women, for women. Fulfill your dreams and find your passions as you build a circle of healthy living connections.
What’s the podcast about?
Living Loud Living Long: L4 is about inspiring women in the 50 and up community who are entrepreneurs, creatives and athletes. L4 shares learnings and stories of real women. These stories feature impactful, strong, healthy lifestyles, which help women engage with peers, friends and allies. L4 advocates for society to change the way it views and engages with 50 and up women. This podcast was created by and for 50 and up women.
Why should people listen to Living Loud Living Long? Who is the podcast for?
Our community has active 50 and up women who follow their passions and push their limits. It’s for people seeking healthy living who are starting a new venture and expressing themselves through painting, ceramics and various art forms. Learn how to find a new job, cook healthy foods or overcome challenges to start a new business with L4.
Featured episode – Episode 3 of L4: Strong, Active and Fabulous at 50up with Tina Tang
This episode will cover:
- Can you begin improving your fitness at any age? Tina tells her story… hint, you don’t need to move into a gym or have any fitness experience.
- Fitness is all about lifting bags of potting soil if you’re a gardener or chasing children around the park. Fitness can include lifting heavy weights (Tina does), but it doesn’t have to be all about bench pressing. It’s about feeling stronger and more confident every day.
- Does age influence how you approach fitness? Yes and no. Tina and Dr. Hughes discuss what works in fitness exercises and plans and what to watch out for.
- Do we dare talk about taboo subjects? Yah, we go there. Dr. Hughes and Tina talk about menopause and how it impacts women’s lives, health and fitness. We talk about what we can do, including starting now to treat our future selves with love.
- In order to achieve optimal fitness, we need to be mentally fit and happy with our lives. Tina exercises her creative side by designing jewelry. Her latest designs celebrate strength. Tina shares how as an entrepreneur she built a jewelry business, initially bricks and mortar, and now online.
A serial entrepreneur and innovation expert with biopharma compliance expertise, Dr. Candice Hughes is known for turnarounds and startup launches. At Hughes BioPharma, founded in 2005, Dr. Hughes restructures R&D operations processes and compliance at global biopharmas. She was an early digital health startup founder, and she also founded a gold standard healthcare division at a venture capital-backed media firm. She created her podcast, Living Loud Living Long for 50 and up women in 2021.
Dr. Hughes is a Board of Director member at the Healthcare Business Women’s Association. Dr.Hughes was a Board of Directors Member and co-owner focused on Corporate Governance and Compliance at a mid-size for-profit private energy firm. She received her Ph.D. in Neurobiology at Boston University School of Medicine and MBA with Beta Gamma Sigma honors at Kelley School of Business, Indiana University.
Want more podcasts to binge? Check out last week’s post: Cool Casts for Entrepreneurs – BossUp Babes.