June Is A Month Of New Beginnings
Posted on June 22, 2016 by Natasha Clark
June is a month of new beginnings. Think about it – it’s the midpoint of the year and we get the opportunity to reboot and reflect on the previous six months, and where we’re heading for the remainder of the year. This month Coach Dawn guides you through the mid-year check point and gives you exercises to help you evaluate your next move.
As business owners we’re always looking forward to the next move – but it serves us well to make sure we are accomplishing the things that matter and not just what tickles our fancy on the fly. Success includes planning and executing and that requires organization. When summertime comes around we try to balance work and pleasure – and a lot of us strike out.
Dawn and I just returned from the American Black Film Festival in Miami where we had a wonderful time engaging with women filmmakers, actresses and producers about the business of entertainment. The days were packed with film screenings, interviews and workshops but we still managed to squeeze in time to swim at the beach and sip margaritas the size of our heads (seriously, they were HUGE). As you schedule time to frolic in the sunshine with your friends and family, make sure that you disconnect and truly enjoy personal quality time. It’s amazing what it can do for the psyche, your health and well-being.
Here’s to new beginnings.
- Segmentation Is Killing Your Brand: Five Reasons To Find Your Unicorn Customer - March 16, 2017
- How Michelle Lin Went From NYU Dropout To Millionaire CEO - March 7, 2017
- The Three Things You Should Do To Capture The Next Great Moment In Your Life - March 7, 2017
- Kathy Fielder Talks Design, Textile Manufacturing And Launching Her First Company At 22 - March 7, 2017
- Miko Branch On Launching Miss Jessie’s, Running A Multimillion Dollar Company And Working Through Loss - January 28, 2017
- Here’s A Toast To The Year That Woke Everyone The Hell Up - January 28, 2017
- 5 Steps To Launching A T-Shirt Business - December 27, 2016
- 10 Resources For Women Entrepreneurs - December 19, 2016
- Entrepreneur Of The Day: Terri S. Alpert Of Uno Alla Volta - December 15, 2016
- Whoopi And Maya: How Women Are Rocking The Cannabis Industry - November 17, 2016