We know you’ve got a pile of business books on your bedside table. (We all do.) Inside those books is the answer to a problem you are currently wrestling with, a life-changing concept or an ah-ha moment. You just don’t know WHICH book.
Starting a business is plenty of work on its own, but some women share their professional knowledge by writing a book. We asked entrepreneurs who are authors to send us their own business books and give us a one-sentence explanation of why THIS is the book you should read now.
Entrepreneurs and authors
- Brand YOU, Brand NEW — Elyse Flynn Meyer, Owner & Founder, Prism Global Marketing Solutions and Joanne Toth Flynn, Founder & Managing Director, Phoenix Strategic Performance
- A step-by-step guide for personal branding to boost your career with provided checklists and worksheets
- Build Your Dream Network: Forging Powerful Relationships in a Hyper-Connected World — Kelly Hoey, Author, Speaker, and Networking Expert on jkellyhoey.co
- Creates a roadmap for networking based on connections through digital and social media engagement
- Digital Detox Secrets: How to Create Space in Your Life for Health, Happiness, Opportunity, and Productivity — Lisa Buyer, CEO, The Buyer Group
- Tips on how to reduce stress and frustration when constantly working in a digital space
- Energetic Selling and Marketing: A New Way to Create Extraordinary Growth in your Business — Lenka Lutonska, Business Trainer and Coach at lenkalutonska.com
- Provides a unique mindset on running a business with a focus on energy and innovation
- Flex Your Communication: 47 Tips for Every Day Success at Work — Terra L. Fletcher, Founder, FletcherConsulting
- Practical tips for better presentations, meetings, and general workplace communication
- It’s About Damn Time — Arlan Hamilton, Founder and Managing Partner, Backstage Capital
- A biography describing how Hamilton “broke into the boys’ club” and built a venture capital fund from scratch with a focus on self-empowerment for underestimated entrepreneurs
- Leader: The Journey To Become The Force Your Business Needs To Win — Christine Matzen, Founder, Oak Street Strategies
- Helps with leadership development through strategic tools and self-evaluation techniques
- Networked: How 20 Women Lawyers Overcame the Confines of COVID-19 Social Distancing to Create Connections, Cultivate Community, & Build Businesses in the Midst of a Global Pandemic — Jacqueline Harounian, Esq., Partner, Wisselman, Harounian & Associates PC
- As a response to COVID-19, Harounian and 19 other women lawyers share their pandemic networking experiences and strategies
- Own Your Future: One Woman’s Story of Immigration and Financial Freedom — Echo Huang, Founder and President, Echo Wealth Management
- Provides wealth management and financial planning tools through the lens of Huang’s immigration and entrepreneurship
- The Titanic Effect: Successfully Navigating the Uncertainties that Sink Most Startups — M. Kim Saxton, Clinical Professor of Marketing, IU’s Kelley School of Business
- Discusses how ‘icebergs,’ or choices with unintended consequences, sink startups and lead to hidden debt.
Hello Laura! I believe that reading books help you in achieving your goals. Many women share their success stories through books. One of my favorite books, “Yes I Can”, also contains such success stories by 16 inspirational people around the world.
Thank you for adding #Networked to your list! When women come together to support other women, we can make a powerful impact.