Did you miss a day or two of news this week? Did you forget some tips you wanted to implement at your startup? It happens. You’re out there trying to rule the world for crying out loud. Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. Here’s a mashup up of all of the Startup News & Advice you should know:
- Make sure you’re incorporating exciting things to your business’ Facebook page. Video is a great place to start, if you haven’t already. Your audience wants to see the people behind the brand. Ask employees to get involved in the video making or simply do them yourself. You don’t need to be an expert. We told you what to do.
- Spruce up the front end of your office. What is the vibe your office gives to visitors? You can tell a lot about the company when you first walk inside. What is the message you want to share? Need tips? No problem. Here you go.
- Re-evaluate your marketing message. It’s not just what you tell your clients, but what your employees tell them. There’s two types of marketing – internal and external. Use this checklist to create both items.
- Thinking about doing crowdfunding? Christina Kao told us you need to start marketing it at least two months before the official campaign. She should know, she raised more than $20,000 on Kickstarter. Catch her three crowdfunding tips.
Things to Meditate On
- Running your company takes up a good portion of your life. If it’s your passion, don’t be shy about it. Start a revolution. Stephen Christopher stopped by to talk to you about how to do it.
- Learn to let go of behaviors that no longer serve your startup. When you get rid of the things that don’t work, you can make room for new, cool opportunities. Priscilla Archangel shares her story of letting go.
What Your Peers Were Doing This Week
- Zady CEO Maxine Bédat is fighting the hazardous effects of clothing. Her company creates environmentally friendly attire that is still stylish. She’s even started a campaign to get other designers on board. Actress Emma Watson totally supports it.
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey is on a mission these days to upgrade all of his companies. Including Square where he also acts as CEO. His latest order of business? Snatching up Yahoo’s former Chief Development Officer Jacqueline Reses. This comes as Square recently announced its plans to go public.
- Oprah Winfrey continues to be Oprah, which pretty much equals awesome. The billionaire has added Weight Watchers to her roster by buying 10 percent of it. The move caused its stocks to soar.
- Allyson Downey cofounded the “Yelp for baby products,” weeSpring. Now she goes back to her publishing roots with her upcoming book, “Here’s the Plan.” She also the latest Lioness cover star. Catch up on this entrepreneur’s blossoming career in the baby industry.
Last But Not Least (some empowerment)
You’re amazing. Not the everyday kind of amazing. The kind where your hair does exactly what you wanted it to do, falls just right, looks perfect at every angle – but no one is around to see it. Well, we see it. And it’s stunning. Get out there and give success a kick to the gut.