Did you miss a day or two of startup news this week? Did you forget some tips you wanted to implement at your startup? It happens. You’re out there trying to rule the world for crying out loud. Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. Here’s a mashup of all of the Startup News & Advice you should know weekly round up style:
Things To Add To Your To-Do List
1. Check out SkyDesk to see if there are ways to improve your customer relationships and drive new sales.
2. Taking care of worker health and wellbeing is the most effective way to increase engagement and performance. Here’s how to improve the health of your work place.
Things To Meditate On
1. Women entrepreneurs are on the rise, but statistics say their funding isn’t. Women only get 4.4 percent – or $1 out of every $23 – of small business loans. Here’s how to put the odds in your favor.
2. Need more quality time with your family? New device allows you to block communication so you can appreciate some down time with family and friends. Here’s how the Pause works …
What Your Peers Were Doing This Week
1. Farah Allen is the CEO of Song Society App. Today she is talking about what her app is doing for music and what she hopes people will say about her product.
2. Just because it’s popular in the startup doesn’t mean it’ll work for everyone. Piktochart’s Ai Ching Goh tells us how to go against the grain and make the right decisions for you.
3. On Nov. 4, Mount Holyoke will host HackHolyoke, a 24-hour hackathon that welcomes 200 hackers from around the country to be develop disruptive technologies.
Last But Not Least (some empowerment)
Remember, discipline is sexy.