Every entrepreneurial journey starts with a dream, and this year’s Virtual National Women’s Business Conference (WBC) is powering the dreams—big and small—of the nation’s women business owners on October 17-19. This annual event is hosted by the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) and presented by Bank of America for the ninth consecutive year.
“Whether the dream is to create something new, better or more meaningful; to be your own boss and leader; enjoy a more flexible lifestyle; to leave a legacy for the next generation; to give back to a community; or to change the world in positive ways, NAWBO is here to power it,” said Cristina Morales Heaney, NAWBO National Board Chair. “This year’s WBC is designed to deliver a uniquely fun and impactful experience infused with connectivity, inspiration, learning, resources and more.”
Business conference speakers
The 2021 WBC’s diverse speaking line-up includes:
- Jessica Matthews, inventor, venture capitalist and co-founder of Uncharted Power. Matthews will talk Power, Redefined: Changing the Game By Being Unapologetically You (Keynote).
- Diana Nyad, sports journalist, storyteller, public speaker and author of the memoir “Find a Way“. Nyad is the first person to swim from Cuba to Florida (Keynote).
- Cleo Wade, poet, activist and best-selling author of “Heart Talk” and “Where to Begin” (Gala Performer).
Addressing issues and providing support
Other 2021 highlights include:
- Focuses of technology and sustainability
- Breakout sessions on the timeliest topics
- Exhibit hall packed with shopping and resources
- Opportunities to connect with like-minded women
- Give-back component with bra drive benefitting women in need
- Fun activities like morning workouts, happy hours and prize giveaways
- Gala and awards program
- Swag delivered to every attendee’s home
“Women business owners innovate, influence and inspire,” said Jill Calabrese Bain, Managing Director at Bank of America. “At this year’s annual conference, we will celebrate the success of NAWBO and its members as we come together again as a community that empowers women business owners to dream big. Bank of America is proud to play a role in this celebration—serving as presenting sponsor for the conference and the Women Business Owner of the Year Award.”
The cost to attend this year’s WBC is just $195 for members/$250 for non-members. It includes three full days of live programming, plus pre-conference activities. Learn more and register here.
Founded in 1975, NAWBO is the unified voice of America’s more than 11.6 million women-owned businesses representing the fastest growing segment of the economy. NAWBO is the only dues-based organization representing the interests of all women entrepreneurs across all industries. NAWBO develops programs that help navigate women entrepreneurs through the various stages of their business growth. To learn more, please visit www.nawbo.org.