Lean The F*ck Out, Episode 48 — Hip Shake Fitness Founder Charlene Dipaola Talks Running An Online Fitness Business
Posted on December 5, 2017 by Lean The F*ck Out
This week we talked with fempreneur Charlene Dipaola founder of Hip Shake Fitness about how she started and runs her online fitness business. Charlene shares why she decided to take the leap into entrepreneurship even though she was very successful in a corporate career. She also talks about her own health journey including a Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) diagnosis. Charlene also shares how she started an online dance workout studio even though she considers herself to be an awkward dancer. In the conversation, we dive deep into how analytics can drive business decisions and help increase conversion rates, how Hip Shake Fitness uses Facebook and YouTube to grow community and drive sales and how to maximize content creation.
- How a Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) diagnosis and the love of dance as exercise led Charlene Dipaola to starting an online fitness business
- How Charlene uses analytics (Google Analytics, YouTube Analytics and Facebook Insights) to drive business decisions and increase conversion rates
- Recommendations for getting the most out of Google Analytics
- Specifics on how Hip Shake Fitness uses YouTube and Facebook to grow their community
- How they keep up with the need to constantly create content and how they maximize on the content they create
- Charlene shares what she wished she knew before launching her business as well as advice for women thinking about leaning out and starting their own businesses.
Special offer from Hip Shake Fitness
Charlene has been generous enough to offer Lean the F*ck Out listeners a 60 day free-trial to Hip Shake Fitness. Just enter promo code leantfo at registration. https://hipshakefitness.com/
After a 12+ career in online user acquisitions and analytics, Charlene Dipaola decided to follow her passion in dance and fitness. She saw the need for an online fitness community for women that is centered on dance and is inclusive and body positive. Prior to Hip Shake Fitness, Charlene was the Sr. Director of Data and Growth at SpinMedia. She has worked with brands in different industries such as LA Times, CNN, Spin Magazine, Public Storage and Wellpoint. In her spare time, she is an adjunct professor of Digital Analytics at UCLA.
Follow Charlene online at:
- Lean The F*ck Out, Episode 56: Scaling And Funding In Silicon Valley — An Interview With Iba Masood CEO And Cofounder Of Tara.ai - March 7, 2018
- Lean The F*ck Out — Mastering Google Search And SEO To Increase Sales Online - February 22, 2018
- Lean The F*ck Out: Episode 52 — Ginger Johnson Talks Connectivity As The Fuel For Networking - February 12, 2018
- Lean The F*ck Out, Episode 50 — Ladies Get Paid, An Interview With Claire Wasserman - January 19, 2018
- Lean The F*ck Out, Episode 50 — Everest and Company Founder Ashley Wilson Talks Launching An E-commerce Business - December 22, 2017
- Lean The F*ck Out, Episode 49 — Kae Whitaker Dishes On Digital Media For Small Businesses - December 11, 2017
- Lean The F*ck Out, Episode 48 — Hip Shake Fitness Founder Charlene Dipaola Talks Running An Online Fitness Business - December 5, 2017
- Lean The F*ck Out, Episode 47 — Launching A Women’s Health Tech Startup With VaGenie Founder Julia Rose - November 28, 2017
- Lean The F*ck Out, Episode 46 — Growing A Brewery, An Interview With Nicole Carrier, Cofounder Of Throwback Brewery - November 21, 2017
- Lean The F*ck Out, Episode 45 — Enhancing Your Inner Fempreneur, An interview With Co-host Tera Wozniak Qualls - November 13, 2017