Kathryn Rose Is Helping Women Succeed Farther, Faster And wiseHer
Posted on April 5, 2018 by Innovation Women
Kathryn Rose turned her trials into triumphs with wiseHer.
In 2007, Kathryn Rose had it all—a career with a Wall Street firm, a family, and her first child on the way. In what seemed like the blink of an eye, everything changed. The mortgage market imploded, her division was let go, and her mother had a brain aneurysm which left her paralyzed. She had to think fast about the best way to care for her family, while earning a living.
Rose knew social media was growing exponentially and figured it was time to jump on that wave. She taught herself social media and SEO (search engine optimization) and wrote nine best-selling books on social media, the Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn platforms, marketing, SEO, and even guides to Facebook for parents and teens. Working as an executive marketing consultant for large international firms as well as small startups, Rose developed targeted online campaigns, garnering millions of engaged followers and potential customers for her clients. She returned to her first love—sales, with a small company, and learned about the software development process and working with teams of developers. When the company sold, she started her own.
“This time, Rose said. “I wanted to create something that would have an impact. I’ve always been an advocate for women in business as a mentor, sponsor, coach, or consultant. This new company combines my knowledge of sales, marketing, and social media, with my desire to help women succeed. I founded wiseHer to address the common challenges women face when growing their corporate careers or their businesses.”
wiseHer, a consulting platform designed to provide expert advice, education, and resources to help women thrive in their businesses, careers and lives, offers real-time access to thought leaders and advice through a combination of human interaction, artificial intelligence and training modules designed to help women succeed.
Rose is a highly sought-after speaker at leading global industry events with technology powerhouses like Google, IBM, Dell EMC and others, and has delivered presentations at conferences focused on helping IT professionals, women and small business leaders achieve a higher level of success. Examples of her talks include, “Sell More by Talking Less,” “Solving the Social Media Puzzle: Steps to Social Media Success,” and “Becoming wiseHer: Building, Bridging, and Blazing.” She is on the faculty for the IT association, COMPTIA and a member of the Executive Council of Advancing Women in Technology. Featured in Working Woman, Guideposts, Fox Small Business, CBS News Market Watch, Network CEO, and other publications. Rose is a tireless champion for women who prides herself in her tenacity, optimism and the ability to find humor in almost every situation.
- Kathryn Rose Is Helping Women Succeed Farther, Faster And wiseHer - April 5, 2018
- Spotlight: Mary Ellen Sparrow Wants To Make It Easier For People To Work With Robotics - January 18, 2018
- Spotlight: Olu Ibrahim On Teaching Kids To Love Technology - December 15, 2017
- Spotlight: Holly Chessman On Women Re-Entering The Workforce And Building A Reputation - December 1, 2017
- How A Love Of Science As A Child Turned Dr. Candice Hughes Into A Biotech Entrepreneur - October 27, 2017
- Milka Milliance On Ditching The Facade Of Success In Order To Really Be Successful - September 8, 2017
- Diane Darling And How To Capitalize On The Skills You Take For Granted - July 27, 2017
- How A Startup Weekend Revived This CEO’s Desire For New Experiences And Products - July 12, 2017
- Mom Launches FamilyID, Online Registration Platform To Cut The Headache When Registrating Your Children For Activities - June 28, 2017
- Heather Dahl Merges Tech And Comics To Teach Children About Cyberspace - June 9, 2017