The VVM Manufacturing Accelerator is currently accepting applications for its 2016 cohort. The application process opened on Aug. 14 and the deadline for submissions is Sept. 19. The Manufacturing Accelerator brings Small or Medium Enterprise (SME) manufacturers and buyers together to discover new ways they can do business. Through the accelerator’s intensive training program, SME manufacturers will quickly learn the needs of their potential buyers, how to rapidly validate their ability to deliver on those needs, and how to effectively communicate their capabilities. Buyers and SME manufacturers will interact at key points during the training to keep everyone on the same page and to grow relationships.
Thanks to funding provided by MassDevelopment there is no fee to participate. However, space is limited.
Am I eligible to participate?
SME Manufacturers need to be:
- Based in one of the four counties of Western Massachusetts (Hampden, Hampshire, Franklin, or Berkshire).
- Be considered a Small or Medium Enterprise by the U.S. Government (less than 500 employees)
- Committed to invest significant time to develop new customers and market opportunities.
- Willing to travel to Springfield, MA for programming.
Buyers are OEMs or their suppliers that:
- Are actively seeking to diversify their supply chain with new SME manufacturers.
- Can be located anywhere in the world but are willing to send decision-makers to attend the Manufacturing Accelerator’s events in Springfield, Mass.
When & Where
- Aug. 15 – We are taking applications on a rolling admissions basis. We strongly recommend you apply now (takes less than 5 minutes) before the program fills up. You must apply to be considered for this program. If you have questions, please contact VVM’s Program Director: Paul Silva (413-667-9886 |firstname.lastname@example.org).
- By Sept. 19 at 11:59 pm – VVM will notify applicants as to which buyers and SME manufacturers are invited to Auditions.
- Auditions take place during the last week in September (exact dates and times will be based on availability of applicants). There, buyers and SME manufacturers will each have opportunities to share what they need and/or can offer. Auditions help buyers, SME manufacturers, and VVM get a trial run at working together. Only those companies that can most benefit from VVM’s training style will be accepted into the accelerator.
- By Oct. 3 at 11:59 pm – VVM will announce which companies have spots in the Manufacturing Accelerator.
- In October and November (exact dates & times will be based on availability of participants) – SME manufacturers will participate in intensive training. Buyers will participate for about 10 hours at key points throughout the training.
- In early December – the accelerator concludes with final presentations from the SME manufacturers to buyers, followed by a celebratory event where the entire local manufacturing community, their supporters, and political representatives will be invited to recognize the accelerator’s participants’ progress.
Apply at www.vvmmanufacturing.com.