Being an entrepreneur is addictive. If you can weather the storm, you’ll find yourself returning again and again for the thrill of it. Well, you’re in good company. Here are 5 well-known entrepreneur junkies:
What can’t this woman do? While most media outlets fixate on J-Lo’s personal life, she is busy laughing all the way to the bank. The Bronx-bred entrepreneur has diversified her interests across a wide-range of industries:
- Jennifer was the first person to have a number one album and film in the same week. Her record sales exceed $55 million and her work (cumulative) in film has grossed more than $2 billion.
- In 2013, she teamed up with Verizon Wireless to launch Viva Movil by Jennifer Lopez, a new brand of cell phone retail stores that will target Latino customers.
- She owns the Jennifer Lopez Collection, which includes bedding, jewelry, clothing and perfumes.
- Jennifer tried being a restaurateur with her former restaurant Madres in Pasadena, Calif., but after a few years they closed their doors.
- This year she outbid her ex-boyfriend Sean “P. Diddy” Combs to purchase the cable music network, Fuse.
Jada Pinkett Smith
- She and her husband Will Smith are minority shareholders of the 76ers NBA team.
- Investor in the successful beauty products line Carol’s Daughters.
- Owns music company 100% Womon Productions.
- Created the clothing line Maja in 1994.
- Lead singer in the band Wicked Wisdom.
- Author of the children’s book, “Girls Hold Up The World.”
- Co-creater of the former television show “All of Us.”
- Executive Producer of the Queen Latifah Show.
- Best-selling cookbook author.
- Syndicated television star.
- Founder of lifestyle magazine, Every Day With Rachael Ray.
- Owner of Rachael Ray cookware, flatware & drinkware and BBQ equipment.
- She was also executive producer of the short-lived Latin cooking show on the Food Network called, “Viva Daisy!”
- Creator of Rachael’s Rescue website to highlight organizations that are dedicated to helping animals in need.
- Launched a new line of pet food called Rachael Ray Nutrish.
- Mona is the CEO of Monami Entertainment.
- Oversees reality TV show franchise “Love & Hip Hop,” spin-offs “Chrissy & Mr. Jones” and “The Gossip Game,” and is behind “Donald Trump Presents: The Ultimate Merger” on TV One; “Cocaine: History Between the Lines” on the History Channel; “The Road to Stardom” on the CW, as well as “Taking Atlanta,” a docu-series set to air on Bravo.
- Part owner and Chief Marketing Officer of Myx Fusions, a fruit-infused premium, ready-to-drink moscato beverage.
- Producing her first feature film, “The Promise Keeper.”
- Founder of Flower Cosmetics.
- She was inspired to create an Italian Pinot Grigio that she could enjoy with family and friends. The result? Barrymore Wines.
- Drew formed Flower Films, a production company, in 1995 with business partner Nancy Juvonen (Jimmy Fallon’s wife). The company is behind such hits as “Charlie’s Angels,” “Donnie Darko,” “He’s Just Not That Into You” and more.
Do you have the serial entrepreneur bug, too? What additional companies and/or products are you launching?