Weekly Round Up (Jan. 30 – Feb. 3): A Mashup of Startup News & Advice For Women
Posted on February 3, 2017 by Lioness Staff
Did you miss a day or two of startup news this week? Did you forget some tips you wanted to implement at your startup? It happens. You’re out there trying to rule the world for crying out loud. Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. Here’s a mashup of all of the Startup News & Advice you should know weekly round up style:
Things To Add To Your To-Do List
1. Running a business requires so much work that we often end up doing other things rather than being the chief. Today we’re breaking down the duties of a CEO. Click to see if you’re doing what you’re supposed to be doing.
2. Devonna Petree will empower and inspire you to propel forward when you feel stuck while giving you tools to help you become unstuck. See how you can get in on this free talk.
Things To Meditate On
1. Last year wasn’t all bad. Things got so real in 2016 that a lot of people woke the hell up to find there was a big world out there with serious problems.
What Your Peers Were Doing This Week
1. Miss Jessie’s cofounder Miko Branch on the brand’s humble beginnings, being a CEO and the devastating loss of her sister and cofounder, Titi.
2. In August 2014 Murad watched as IS fighters murdered her friends and family because of their Yazidi faith and took her and thousands of others as prisoners. Learn more about her harrowing story.
3. It’s impossible to move forward with one foot in the present and the other in the past. Coach Dawn takes us through a motivation minute.
Last But Not Least (some empowerment)
Read this aloud today: “I’m very happy to have a choice and to be able to choose what happens in my life. I am thank God for that. I know that no choice is neutral. Every choice either brings me a step closer to or a step away from my goal. Even if I make some choices that take me away from my goal but I’m just grateful that I have the ability to choose.”