Book Of The Week: The New Alpha
Posted on March 15, 2017 by Lioness Staff
As we evolve toward a more global, diverse, and interconnected society, it’s time to rethink our ideas about leadership. No longer will the “win at all costs” and “might makes right” approaches suffice in a changing workplace that increasingly values ethics, emotional intelligence, employee engagement, and health and well-being.
Standing in sharp contrast to “old school” approaches to leadership, The New Alpha is all about becoming the best version of yourself, and using your power and influence as a force for good in the world. Rather than rehashing outdated and unappealing leadership strategies and tactics, New Alpha leadership will prepare you to be the kind of leader whom people genuinely respect, admire, and want to work with.
“The New Alpha: Join the Rising Movement of Influencers and Changemakers Who are Redefining Leadership” outlines an approach to leadership that is poised to upend the status quo in business and society. Founder and CEO of the Center for Advancing Leadership and Human Potential Danielle Harlan has worked with and studied this growing movement of energized individuals, and offers a refreshingly holistic and readily applicable vision of New Alpha leadership that explains:
- Why “traditional Alpha” leadership is failing and how the New Alpha model is breaking the mold and gaining traction on a global level;
- Why personal character, relationship-building skills, mindset, and self-care matter when it comes to leadership;
- How to identify and enliven your personal leadership identity and leverage it to influence and motivate others toward a common vision;
- How to set big goals, chunk them out, and track progress over time to ensure both short-term results and long-term success;
- How to be the kind of leader who inspires others to realize their full human potential.
Packed with self-assessments, skill-building exercises, personal reflection activities, and ready-to-use templates, The New Alpha has all of the tools and resources that will help you grow and develop into the best version of yourself––and the kind of leader that only you can be.